Live from Master Closet Studios, you’re listening to the only podcast on the internet traveling to alternate dimensions for the enjoyment of the listeners!
My name is Austin and I’m the Whovian, and these are my sons Corbin and Tripp and we’re the noobs!
This is the podcast that introduces a whole new generation to Doctor Who by watching an episode each week and discussing it from the perspective of a dad who’s seen it before, and two sons who haven’t.
Welcome to Episode 200 covering Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.
This is the one where the Daleks have a really dumb plan and the Doctor has a worse one. And we’ll have to bypass Watford! That place is crawling with Daleks.
- Story # NOTHIN!
- Originally aired July 26, 1966
- Written by: Milton Subotsky, David Whitaker
- Directed by: Gordon Flemyng
- The Avengers (1967)
- Tom Campbell – Bernard Cribbins!
- Wilfred Mott, himself!
- Name of the episode spoken in dialogue?
- Creature of the week
- Scuba Dalek!
- Apparently, they’re immune to bombs, but shoving causes immediate explosion
- What is the fog that they shoot?! Cuz it can kill a dude, or EXPLODE A CABIN!
- The multi-colored Daleks are awesome
- Needless sacrificial death
- Dortmun went and picked a fight with a Dalek that was LEAVING THE BLOCK! He then BLEW UP THE WHOLE BLOCK!
- Cutting-edge special effects
- The Dalek ship was pretty on point
- The shot of it in the skyline, not so much
- The Dalek ship was pretty on point
Other stuff we noticed
- That opening scene!
- Was that just to get a police officer trying to get into the TARDIS as an actual police box?
- Nice fourth wall break
- So in THIS universe, Dr. Who only fights the Daleks
- Imagine a Dr. Who Cinematic Universe!
- That’s not how magnets work…
- The whip to the mouth!
- The Robomen lunch scene! 5 out of 80 minutes of this movie was spent on this schtick!
- Instead of the Mystery Machine, they had a Rebel Machine!
- Are you SURE he’s going to follow you to Watford? YES! We’ll have to bypass Watford…
- The barrel-roll shotgun blast gets the MVP!
- Attack the Daleks! No take-backs!
- This order cannot be countermanded
- Who is Louise?
- She is, in fact, NOT Barbara
- Who is Susan?
- She’s like 12
- Who is Tom Campbell?
- A police officer who went into the wrong police box at the wrong time
- He’s athletic as crap with that door stunt!
- Who is Dr. Who?
Is that how that works?!
- Which is crazier? The Dalek’s plan to blast the metallic core of the earth into the sun, or the Doctor’s plan to divert the explosion into a magnetic convergence of the north and south poles that will suck the Daleks, and ONLY the Daleks, into the earth’s core?!
- Completely unrelated, the final scene with the cop stopping the robbers flies in the face of all of Doctor Who Canon.
- Overall rating out of 10 –
- Jared – 8 Was that Austin Powers, but serious?
- Austin – 9 it doesn’t deserve it
- Corbin – 9 greasers
- Tripp – 10 for all the wrong reasons
The Game Plan
- Next week we’re covering the Best of Thirteen and we’re covering Nikola Tesla’s Night of Terror .
After that is the Easter Special Legend of the Sea Devils.
Noobs and the Whovian is a production of Master Closet Studios, where it’s always smaller on the inside. Your Senior Producer is Austin Reason. Our Audio Engineer is Thing One: Tripp Reason. Our Production Editor is the Other One: Corbin Reason. Special thanks to tardis.fandom.com for the trivia, and to Jared for the Classic Who Connection. Shout outs to Victor and Jared for their Patreon support.
You can find us at Facebook or Twitter or email us. Consider supporting us. Please subscribe and leave a rating wherever you found us, and share us with a friend not because we’re a great show but because we watch one.
Until next time, be safe if you can. But always. Be. Amazing.