Live from Master Closet Studios, you’re listening to the only podcast on the internet with a host that’s lightly peppered: It’s the Noobs and the Whovian!
My name is Austin and I’m the Whovian and these are my sons Corbin and Tripp and we’re the noobs!
This is the podcast that introduces a whole new generation to Doctor Who by watching an episode each week and discussing it from the perspective of a dad who HASN’T seen it before, and two sons who haven’t.
Welcome to Episode 185 covering Timey Wimey #17, Christmas Do-over.
This is the one where Groundhog Day but BAD.
Who’s Responsible for this?!
- Writer: Trevor Reed Cristow & Jacqueline David
- Director: Catherine Cyran
Where do I know that guy from?
- Jill – Daphne Zuniga
- Jo Reynolds in Melrose Place
- Victoria Davis in One Tree Hill
Time Travel Details
- A child’s wish, and the magic of… Christmas?
Did they follow their own rules?
Things they got wrong
- there were a few times where the football at the beginning of each loop was inconsistent
Random stuff we noticed
- WHY is he there!?!?!!?
- The typical phases
- Making Due
- That was NOT Jesus!
- Mary said “not my son!” as she threw the fake baby over her shoulder
- Jesus is coming! (Jesus grunts)
- Break dancing
Was it good?
- Was it a good story?
- Austin – nerp
- Corbin – 💩
- Tripp – all the way no
- Was it a good time travel story?
- Austin – fine
- Corbin – no
- Tripp – no
The Game Plan
- We’re finally into our Best Of series, and we’re kicking it off with the Best Christmas Special: A Christmas Carol
Noobs and the Whovian is a production of Master Closet Studios, where it’s always smaller on the inside. Your Senior Producer is Austin Reason. Our Audio Engineer is Thing One: Tripp Reason. Our Production Editor is the Other One: Corbin Reason. Special thanks to tardis.fandom.com for the trivia, and to Jared for the Classic Who Connection. Shout outs to Victor and Jared for their Patreon support.
You can find us at Facebook or Twitter or email us. Consider supporting us. Please subscribe and leave a rating wherever you found us, and share us with a friend not because we’re a great show but because we watch one.
Until next time, be safe if you can. But always. Be. Amazing.