Live from Master Closet Studios, you’re listening to the only podcast on the internet recording right after watching the movie and then releasing the episode three weeks later: Noobs and the Whovian
My name is Austin and I’m the Whovian, and these are my sons Corbin, Tripp, and we’re the noobs!
This is the podcast that introduces a whole new generation to Doctor Who by watching an episode each week and discussing it from the perspective of a dad who’s seen it before, and two sons who haven’t. Except when we don’t, because this week we won’t!
Welcome to episode 120, Timey Wimey #13 – Bill and Ted Face the Music
This is the one where two idiots go to the worst couples therapy ever and end up saving the world with the weirdest band ever.
- Kelly – Kristen Schaal
- Mabel Pines in Gravity Falls
- Trixie in Toy Story
- Has been in a lot of cartoons
- Just so much stuff
- Ok, but how did Bill & Ted know she was Rufus’ daughter?!
- Elizabeth and Joanne were actually played by different actors
Random stuff we noticed
- Remember when you used to call them Little Bill and Little Ted? That turned out to be a curse!
- Nice retcon!
- What about our fans? Bob and Wendy will be fine
- Nice George Carlin cameo!
- The future
- EA = 2688
- BJ =
- FM = 2720
- THE counterintuitivest idea of them all!
- The scene with the therapist having a breakdown was great!
- Princesses… sure that’s a word…
- Billie & Thea were better Bill & Ted’s than Bill & Ted!
- What was the deal with Dennis Caleb McCoy?!
- Why was Kid Cudi a theoretical physicist?
- I wish a movie about music spent a little more effort teaching the actors how music works!
Time travel details:
- A phone booth, a space egg, and a giant crystal named Dennis
- The clock in San Dimas is always running.
- Can you change the past?
Did they follow their own rules?
Things they got Wrong
- The older versions of them remember the same things but somehow things turned out differently
- Why didn’t Kelly and her mom (and all of mankind!) know more about the song?
- What was on the thumb drive that Old Bill gave them?
- It seems like there wasn’t really a single song that saved the universe, it was everyone playing together.
- Also, Old Ted played a sample of it and they said “Who’s that on guitar?” Was that supposed to be there one second of actual playing they did?
- The premise of each movie is a bootstrap paradox
Was it good?
Was it a good story?
- Tripp – YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Corbin – 👍👍👍
- Austin – ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
Was it a good time travel story?
- Tripp – no
- Corbin – bad
- Austin – It was fun but dumb, as it should be!
The Game Plan
- Next week, we doing Series 8 Episode 6, The Caretaker
Noobs and the Whovian is a production of Master Closet Studios, where it’s always smaller on the inside. Your Senior Producer is Austin Reason. Our Audio Engineer is Tripp Reason. Corbin Reason is our Production Editor. Special thanks to tardis.wikia.com for the trivia, Jared for the Classic Who Connection. Shout outs to Victor and Jared for their Patreon support.
You can find us at facebook.com/noobsandthewhovian and email us at [email protected]. Consider supporting us at https://www.patreon.com/noobsandthewhovian. Please subscribe and leave a rating wherever you found us, and share us with a friend, not because we’re a great show but because we watch one.