Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Hey, it’s a three-parter. Three hours of Doctor Who fun! And we have a new foe. Well… actually just new to us. The Master has taken over the world and plans to take over the universe. Since the Doctor is old and wrinkly now only Martha can save the world. How? With the power of Tinkerbell… I mean thought or something.
Don’t forget to vote in our Crakpot Theory poll on the Facebook page!
This is the one where Smith and Jones save the world! Well, mostly Jones. They travel trillions of years into the future to try to avoid Captain Jack, just to have him tag along anyway. When they get there they meet a professor trying to get humanity to a place where they can survive the end of the universe. Turns out, he’s the master and we all end up back in the 21st century just in time to see him take over the world. The Doctor doesn’t like that, but there’s not much he can do now that he’s been turned into an old man. Like, an actually old man. Like, wrinkly and stuff.
So Martha sets out on a one-year tour of the globe to spread the story of Tinkerbell, I mean the Doctor. If everyone will just clap loud enough he’ll be able to fly again and defeat the Master through… forgiveness? That’s no fun, why not have his wife kill him instead! The Doctor takes Jack back home to Torchwood, and Martha decides she’s staying on Earth too. It’s time for her to be a doctor and take care of the people she loves because SHE’S NOT ROSE!
Oh, and Captain Jack is the Face of Boe. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good TITANIC!?!?!? WHAT?!?!?!
- Story # 187
- Originally aired and June 16, 23, & 30, 2007 to 7.84, 7.51, & 8.61 million viewers
- Written by: Russell T
- Directed by: Graeme Harper, & Colin Teague
- The Master – Derek Jacobi
- He actually voiced the the Master in a tv mini-series
- ChanTho – Chipo Chung
- Voiced Hong-Mei in Thomas and Friends
- The Doctor says that not even the Time Lords had ever traveled this far into the future. The Fifth Doctor revealed that there was a rule among the Time Lords that they mustn’t travel beyond a certain time.
- This three parter was more or less a five parter because it starts with the last two episodes of TORCHWOOD
- Baddie of the week
- Jack said that the humans surviving was fantastic.
- Well… count
- Episode count – 9
- All the way through the vortex, well that’s typical him.
- Jack: We should be frozen to death. Doc: Well… Martha and I at least. Not so sure about you.
- Prof: any ideas? Doc: Well, um basically, not a clue.
- Chantho: You are most unusual. Doc: Well…
- This is magnificent. I don’t say that often because, well, because of me.
- You’ve got a room which no man can enter without dying. Well, I’ve got just the man
- Jack: I could go meet myself. Doc: Well, it’s the only man you’ll ever be happy with.
- Jack: A little lee-way. Doc: Well, 18 months
- The TARDIS is designed to blend in. Well, sort of…
- Running count – 37+1
- I’m sorry
- Episode count: 1
- After becoming young again, and just before forgiving the Master
- Running count 6+2
- Allons-y! Count
- Episode count:
- Running count: 8
- What? Count –
- Episode count: 1
- Running count: 4
- Jack missed the running towards danger! (Didn’t say it)
- Master tells the Doctor to run. (it’s said several times, but we’re just counting it once)
- Running count: 1
- Mr. Saxon
- Jack is an impossible thing
- Time War
- The Time Lords resurrected the Master because they knew he was the only one who could be the warrior they needed.
- Gallifrey burned, the TLs are dead.
- Doc was the only one who could end it.
- Master wonders what it would be like watching two worlds burn. He thinks the Doctor must’ve felt like a god.
- Jiberty Jaberty
- Isomorphic controls (Master’s laser screwdriver)
- “I’ve had a whole year to tune myself into the psychic network and integrate with its matrices.”
- Jiggery Pokery
- Built three TARDIS keys
- Oh, and used them to make himself, Martha, and Jack invisible-ish
- Who was Rose
- Jack saw her name amongst the dead of the Battle of Canary Wharf. Doc says she’s alive
- Martha: Good ol’ Rose.
- Oh, she was blonde! Surprise!
- She absorbed the energy of the time vortex which would have turned a Time Lord into a vengeful god. Instead, she used it to give life. She didn’t realize she was bringing Jack back forever.
- The Master didn’t think much of Martha. “You used to have a companion that could absorb the time vortex.”
- Who is Martha?
- Doc explaining perception filter: It’s like when you like someone and they don’t even know you exist!
- She saved the dang world!
- She decided she couldn’t leave Earth behind and LEFT THE DOCTOR!
Who is The Doctor?
- We should leave. We should go. We should really really go. **immediately runs outside
- Callbacks to Nine
- Earthquake in Cardiff. A little run-in with the Slitheen
- He abandoned Jack.
- Jack recognized him just because of the blue box.
- He calls himself a doctor.
- Of medicine?
- He says, of everything
- Time Lords choose their names
- Doctor, the man who makes people better. How sanctimonious is that?
- His health failed because of artificial ageing not natural ageing. See The Leisure Hive.
Other stuff we noticed
- So many callbacks
- Regeneration is optional apparently?
- Is Snoopy a Time Lord?
- Don’t forget to vote in our poll on the Facebook page!
Let’s talk about Jack
- When Rose/Bad Wolf brought it back, it was forever as a fixed point in time. That’s not supposed to happen.
- The Face of friggin Boe!
The Game Plan
- 8th – Christmas Special – Voyage of the Damned
- 15th – Santa Clause 3
- 22nd – TBA
- Next up will be the Series Recap episode so get your votes in!
Noobs and the Whovian is a production of Master Closet Studios, where it’s always smaller on the inside. Your Senior Producer is Austin Reason. Our Audio Engineer is Tripp Reason. Corbin Reason is our Production Editor. Special thanks to tardis.wikia.com for the trivia and Star and the staff of the Timberglen Library in Dallas for the books.
You can find us at facebook.com/noobsandthewhovian and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please subscribe and leave a rating wherever you found us, and share us with a friend.